Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Springly Things

So it is still kind of winter...and by still i mean an occasional snow fall seems to be emerging every now and again. But spring is a coming. Why? The snow is melting super fast. The sun is out for super long periods of time. The trees are budding. It rains more than snows. AND it's April! :)

So what have we been up to in the last month...

Blokus! So a few weeks ago I went to the tabletop cafe with my besties. We played some pretty cool games like hamsterrolle, cards against humanity, dutch blitz (a fabulous classic that i still love) and blokus. Funnily enough I owned this game. Mark and I got it from his sister's family two years ago! YIKES. Life with a newborn seemed super busy and exhausting that we never did play the game...but since that fateful night at the tabletop....Mark and I haven't been able to put that game away. Although I may need to take a break as I keep losing. CURSES!

The game of life reared it's head once again as I managed to get a ticket and had to enroll into a car seat safety clinic. It's all good in the sense that I should know all this information. But that ticket is nasty. And with all the stuff that happened over the last three months and just a week after my car getting fixed all I could do is let out a big sigh....cause really that is all you can do.

The little gal is sure growing up. Lots of words being said: shoes, hot, socks, coat, cold, apple, nana, water, up and the list continues to grow and grow. She loves her dolls as she takes them to bed, the bath and they seem to be little companions as she plays with her toys. Singing songs like ba ba black sheep, zoom zoom, and the itsy bitsy spider. Really she sings the rhythm more than the words but she does seem to manage the actions too! She loves brushing her teeth, she knows her body parts and is a great little helper unpacking groceries, peeling onions, sweeping, and cleaning up after herself.

Her new adventures are dog walks as she insists on walking yet can't quite do all the distance that we cover so in and out of the stroller, our shoulders or the new (and used) little car we got her. Outdoors is definitely her new love at the moment. Jumping in puddles, throwing rocks, playing in sand/dirt, going to the park and playing with all her different sport balls.

We continue to go to the same places. We have checked out cafe o play again with a mom friend and her little boy. She is definitely getting more out of that place than she did before. We visited a petting zoo and some little play houses at the Mom and Tot's Fair. Been to our fair share of mini gyms and even managed to do a family swim trip to St Albert.

Dinner out x2 for us and pizza in x1. Special kind of awesome this month as I was exceptionally tired of cooking a couple of days and we eat fast and she can now eat restaurant food. I think she liked Boston Pizza over New Asian Village...but like I said....we eat fast.

Mark is busy with his bee making...really the hive making and he discovered his love for the redo centre. I have joined a Quality council at work that I am enjoying. BUSY BUSY BUSY.

In entertainment I have seen some movies: Logan (really good), Manchester by the Sea (too sad for me), The Light Between the Oceans (sad but really good), Trolls (LOVED IT), Girl on the Train (enjoyed) and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (a little blah). I finished the third season of Grace and Frankie (hilarious), have enjoyed Riverdale and just started watching reruns of Road to Avonlea again.

In books I finished a series finally that I started quite awhile ago. The Pittacus Lorre series. Very much a tween book series but light all the same. I am thinking of starting up on L.M.Montgomery again....

Loving the sunshine. Can't wait for all the fun the outdoors has in store for us this month.
xoxo


1 comments:

Ruth said...

Ha! I'm glad Blokus has finally made its debut at your house! It's been collecting dust at our house in recent years too, but it's definitely a good one!

 
Powered by Blogger