Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

So this happened.

So I know I was going to talk about our vacation but something happend today that was sort of related. Very weakly related. Okay not really related.

So today got to be one of the hottest days of the year here. That's right. 30 degrees baby. So Mark and I spent the part of the day going to the dog park. Before checking out, our friends, children's snow cone stand (they made 30$!). After the walk we had gooey cinnamon buns and drank cold water. Could it get better? Yes! We made plans to be in an air conditioned building for the evening. 

Those plans I concocted was to bike ride to the movie theater and check out a movie. I mean it's cheap Tuesday! I don't work and he's on holidays. And I just like to bike any chance I can right now.

I joked as we biked how happy I was, as my bike makes me happy but biking with another is just so much more fun, thus doubly happy.  Mark laughed. 
I then said, "You know Mark, I need to change my focus. After this road trip I really think my motto should be the journey, not the destination."
He laughed again. 
I continued, "Like for instance this bike ride to the theater is just as fun. Even if the movie was sold out, I got to go on a bike ride."

Little did I know where this journey would take us. 

We got to the theater, locked up our bikes. Ate. Bought our tickets. Stood in line at the concession. Watched a twenty something girl pull down her pants and pee on the floor....wait what?

Yay that's right. Totally pulled down her pants and peed. My first instinct was really nothing. Then I thought, oh dear maybe cognitively she is just not with it...and it looked like I was right as she pulled up her pants and wavered to her boyfriend in an inebriated state. Mark, calmly went to the manager to tell him that their was urine on the floor. I stayed in line and spoke calmly to the 74 year old lady that was previously behind the girl. She exclaimed, "I have never seen something so discusting in my 74 years."  That lady then proceeded to talk to other people in line, as they too were outraged. 

Mark and I just stood their unfazed. The manager figured out the culprit and dealt with the situation. Then we went to our theater and sat down. And then we looked at each other and smiled. While others in the crowd were upset, we really were nonchalant. You can tell that we have been exposed to some weird stuff in our careers. It sadly almost seemed like a normal day. That brought us into a fit of laughter. The whole ludicrous situation. Even after the movie, we talked briefly about it but couldn't stop laughing about the previous escapade. 

Life really is about the journey. Who cares about the destination! The journey is hilarious!

Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I would like to add my favourite part; We were halfway through one of those zigzag lines with 20 other people, the 74 year old lady was in front of us, then the 20ish inebriated woman and her companion. I had only told the manager that there was pee on the floor and that the line needed to be rerouted. He went into a kind of shock but eventually pieced together what had happened and a solution. He rerouted the line and blocked off the urine pool/splash zone with 3 large wet floor markers and line ribbons. Asked us if 'she had really peed on the floor' in a vacant way before asking the woman to leave. We got our food and I used the washroom (no excuses at this movie about not remembering to go beforehand). On my way into the theater to join Tracey I watched 5-6 young men join their friend in line by dodging under the line tape and splashing around the wet floor signs before ducking under the line tape again on their way to faster individually transacted tickets.
Sometimes I think that life's journeys should all come with a parable, life lesson, metaphor or maybe direct signage pertaining to the current situation to prevent all of us from making messy mistakes. That way those of us who are lucky enough to watch can laugh less guiltily when karmic ecstasy occurs.
Your loving and oft appreciated husband.

Anonymous said...

We went once to a movie with Laurie and Len and that happened too. I don't really remember what my reaction was but when ya gotta go you gotta go eh TJ ...wink wink

 
Powered by Blogger