Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Sickness

So I got sick. It was a few weeks ago. And never had I felt like that before. Some kind of stomach flu. But when I googled stomach flu it actually came up that there was no such thing. But I think that is the best descriptor for most to understand what was happening. 

It was also the first time that I had to call in sick without giving a bit of notice. And I felt horrible. Two am sick calls on a weekend. I know I was sick, blah blah blah. But it's okay to feel bad for the people that are going to be working that shift right? (Wink, wink). Thankfully the charge that I talked to was so understanding and nice about it that I didn't worry. 

Now that I am over the sickness and can actually look at perogies now, he he. I have to give a big appreciation shout out to my partner. I can sometimes be (a little) unsympathetic to his blights of illness...poor thing. But as I rolled down the stairs the next morning half, sleep, with chills going up my back and extreme pain jabbing me from all sides he took care of me. 

He went to the store and bought me five different flavored Gatorade drinks to boost up my hydration and electrolytes. He made me chicken broth and rice to eat. He let me be as I slept on and off the day. And at night when the pain still wouldn't go away and I was still experiencing "chills" he went out again to buy me Tylenol, allowing me to sleep 11 straight hours that night and morning. 

He's a good man. I could learn a lot from him. Ha ha ha. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger