Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thanksgiving

I am one lucky lady. Yes I did work all weekend and yes it was evening and yes I realize others had thanksgiving dinner while I was working. But guess what? I still got a celebration. 

On Saturday morning we went over to Wendy and David's for a thanksgiving lunch with Lawrence. I got to watch how to bacon aficionados cook bacon in two very different ways. Be warned to stay away from the kitchen as tongs may be used as weapons. I enjoyed gluten free waffles that tasted fabulous. And I got to have pumpkin pie for dessert. And I love pumpkin pie!

I then attempted to make another pie this weekend, a pumpkin on as I have said before I love it! But on thanksgiving Monday after I finished work I realized I forgot to buy some key ingredients. So off to the store again. Ahh. And pie made.  Even if I forgot again to double the recipe and the pumpkin filling was a little thin. He he. 

Then my long lost brother came for dinner tonight. We facetimed my parents and shared laughs and stories. We vegged on the couch like you would after a big meal (of chicken and potatoes). We joked and watched tv. 

Grateful

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger