Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

they came, they sang, they danced, they left.

okay. i am going to be a complete dork here and talk about this once again but (hopefully) it will be my last time.

the backstreet boys were to me what others had with elvis, the beatles, the monkees, new kids on the block...i could go on. they will not go down in history as a remarkable band but one that in my teenage years i loved. they were the one band that jeaninne and i would figured out the choreography and re-enacted it (i may still know some moves). their hits were playing during pivotal times in our teenage lives like learning to drive, traveling to foreign cities, graduation dances, or those serious talks you have with your girlfriends.

new kids on the block were a different kind of trend for me. i was eleven when my parents bought me one of their cassette tapes. i played them over and over for quite some time. yet i don't think i held them at the same threshold that other girls did at that time. one memory of them sticks out. jeaninne had a new kids tape and when we were in grade 11 she brought it over to a sleepover and we (once again) re-enacted the dances (much more simpler moves during that era).

cut to yesterday. the reunion tour uniting those two bands together. really what can i say? it was pure cheese but in such a delightful way. the bedazzled costumes, the dancing (as they kept the original moves), the sing-offs, the trademark pelvic thrusts...he he he. 

making it all the better was being with the girl that loved them along side me all these years as we could relive everything. we spent more time over the course of the evening remembering and laughing over our memories.  if a concert can do that to you it really has to be the best concert.

thanks for bringing back the memories!
love

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

tear - I had such a fun time! We need to redo the dance! I don't know if I could still pull it out!

 
Powered by Blogger