Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, August 07, 2010

a change is a coming

so in two short weeks i will be done my job. as of right now it is a permanent decision. i will be starting clinical in the fall so all my day shifts will be devoted to my school. it will be hard to go because i absolutely love my job. sometimes i get a little frustrated about the lack of awareness and the lack of funding that comes with the guys i work with. but when it comes to my clients, they rock. it is probably the best job i have had. i have worked with so many great people (and we joke about those not so great). PLUS we did so many fun things revolving art, food, sports, games, and dancing with the clients. i had the privilege to take out guys on outings to the community allowing them opportunities to access places they never would have seen (and hopefully increased the community's awareness in a positive way). i think i would have stayed there forever if there was a chance of growth. my boss, however, was extremely truthful with the options and consistently encourages many to go back to school. he was EXTREMELY supportive of the idea of me going back and allowed me to split positions with another co-worker for 1.5 years. it is going to be hard leaving and i will miss so many people but it has been a fantastic 4.5 years!

love

1 comments:

Jimmy said...

wow i miss your job now too ...

Your strong your gonna do great things :)
Go Nurse Tracey!

 
Powered by Blogger