Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am back

after a long hiatus i am back and have changed the formatting of my blog...just a wee bit!  i will see how it goes from here. but i thought it woud be easier (since this blog has my name and everything) just to make this about my life.  not that i really have one (hardy har har). 

this is a pretty significant year for me. it is my 30th (or i guess depending on how people look at it my 31st) year.  i made a list back when i was 26 (and before that made a list for when i turned 25) of things to do before i turn 31.

Accomplished goals were:

-scuba dive the Carribbean
-move out and be happy: and with lots of work and love continue to be
-volunteer for something i feel passionate for: lucky me, found a person i am passionate for too
-eat healthy, be healthy, and feel comfortable about who i am and who i am going to be: that hit me on my 27th year, aren't the late 20's fabulous...so much self-discovery and change that is sooooo good
-do something that is extreme and thrills me!: frankly that is something i should strive for everyday, but all in all, i do many things that thrill me whether they be in the form of an adventure, a relationship, or a career change
-ski somewhere other than Jasper or Banff: not that there is anything wrong with those...i love those hills with a passion! however this year we were luck enough to visit Fernie, a 'beautiful, down to earth, have they really heard of tourists' town...it was a great place to relax from school, and watch the olympics begin in vancouver..."hey do you know if canada has won a gold medal on home soil yet?" (jk)
-go to Mexico and have a blast with some friends: yes i did go...and maybe had too much of a blast, (if possible???)


Goals in progress this year (some with crossed fingers):


-New York, New York: this will be happening at the beginning of may with one of my dearest friends, a very exciting girls trip planned of shopping, sightseeing, eating, and girly debauchery (if there is such a thing )
-surfing in Tofino, B.C.: i fell in love with surfing in Australia, and have been craving waves ever since.  Alberta, being alberta, does not have an accessible ocean like B.C. so that is hopefully where i will be heading this summer with mark (he seems excited too, although more on the hiking aspect)

Other goals that (most likely) won't be accomplished are more places that i dream to travel.  but those are endless, and i will get to them in my lifetime, not in just a 5 year list. my grandmie told me once that in her lifetime she wanted to see the AB Rockies. she saw them when she was 70.  so places are a lifelong goal! :)

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger