Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 25, 2015

It happened again

Our traditional Christmas-but we are all to busy-so let's celebrate in the new year-party. This year it was hosted at our house. Eek. Very exciting for both of us. And slightly nerve wracking. Let me just say our parents taught us well and they seemed to have passed along their dinner hosting skills effectively. 

First I cleaned the house the day before and set the table, got the dinnerware ready, punch bowl out and laid out all the cups needed. Mom taught me that one as she said it is just a few things you don't have to worry about the day of. Mom will sometimes go as far as prep all the veggies and appetizers the day before and put them in pots, in the fridge. I didn't do that...maybe next time (wink wink). 

The veggies were for the next day. In the late morning, early afternoon I did the peeling and chopping and got them ready and left the kitchen. That way both Mark and I could each have the kitchen to ourselves. Kept it simple and tasty. Mark did the meat and from that, cause we prepped so good I had time to do that last minute grocery trip that always seems to be needed for us. Not experts yet! Ha ha. 

Right before, appies out, punch done (with a big ice block, that David taught us to do), beef and chicken in the oven and everything boiling almost ready to go. And like any supper, have it ready a half an hour later than the actual time you said for people to come. It works. Trust me. 

The rest was perfect cause it was perfect company. I love those dinners. Even if some of us don't see each other for a year (sad I know). But we always seem to have fun. Games, good conversations, lots of laughter and full bellies. Heart full!

May have to try again next year. 

Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger