Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, March 11, 2007

a tale of two stories

TRACEY'S STORY
in 1996 the robertson family made the big trip to disneyworld. tracey had wanted to go to disneyworld for as long as she could remember. she loved anything disney: the animation, the magical aspect the place promised and especially LOVED LOVED LOVED the rides (you know the ones...the fast moving, upside down with your stomach in your throat ~ giving you that butterfly feeling ~ finishing off with the really big drop). luckily, tracey's father loved the same thrills. tracey and her dad went on all the jaw dropping, finger clenching, adrenaline rushing rides while tracey's mother stode contently on the sidelines.

however there was this one ride that tracey knew her mother would love: it was a show involving the adventures of brer rabbit with a little zip a dee doo dah day in the end. i mean it had a little bit of musical theatre in it, what's not to love? oooo it also had a 5 story drop. there was no line-up whatsoever as they rushed near the closing hours through the maze to get to the floating log. as they stepped onto the tarmack tracey's mom hestitated; she did not want to be in the front row as she did not want to get wet. the ride hosts completely understood. a log cart was pulled out for just the robertson ladies. the ride started and tracey pointed out all the fun things to see. tracey's mom seemed a little nervous but overall looked like she enjoyed it. as they came to the drop the ultimate irony hit them. the ladies did not want to get wet so maybe next time they needed more people on the ride to shield them?

JANE'S STORY
I am in total agreement with Tracey about the excitement of Disneyworld. Everywhere you turned there was something going on. As far as a vacation with my dear family goes this was a 10 plus on the fun scale...except for one thing. Miss Tracey likes hilly rides. Her mom does not. She loved loved loved splash mountain and (to my relief) got her Dad to go on it 2 times. However, she desperately wanted to share this delight with me. "No no no no " I kept saying. "Please please please please" was her response. We were going to another place the next day so if it was to happen it had to happen immediately. Finally to stop her from bugging me I gave in.

Secretly I thought I was quite smart as I fiqured it was 8:50 and the ride closed at 9. We would never make it. Unfortunately, Tracey was thrilled and did a power walk thing to get there. We arrived at the gate 2 min to nine with me very thankful as we were the only customers there and the ride seemed to be closing up. Old Walt would have been pleased with his workers. "No problem," said the crew, they would let us ride. I should have known~this is Disneyworld after all~where all your dreams come true. Darn Darn Darn, my head was saying. Ok, I thought, if I had to go on this stupid ride to please my daughter we must sit in the back so I don't get wet. Not the best plan~with no one in front we were in direct line of a whole lot of water. As the ride strolled along all I thought about was the big drop. Tracey was in happy mode yapping about all the neat things happening around us. I was in stress mode thinking at any minute I was going to drop from this mountain. Gritting my teeth and grinning to excited Tracey I saw it...THE FLASH OF THE CAMERA. This was it...the dreaded moment. I screamed so loud that I don't think it was possible to open my mouth any larger. When we dropped it felt like I was floating above my seat. Tracey was thrilled and so was I...it was finally over.

1 comments:

casey said...

these stories made me smile the whole time I was reading them - Trace, in the first picture you look like you are in a horror movie. jane, you look like you're actually having fun on the ride!

 
Powered by Blogger