Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last day of 2014

I love the holidays. And as we ended Mark's party last night (with wonderful friends and family, might I add) at one of his kind of restaurants (it's called MEAT of all things) our holiday season is coming soon to a close.

When this happens I start to feel a little blue. I find myself looking extra hard at the Christmas lights and willing them to imprint in my memory. Enjoying the snowmen and snow forts (with their extra festive appeal) a little more than I would on a cold blustery day in January. Smelling our Christmas tree and savoring the pine smell a little harder. It's silly really but it's what I do. 

I then look to the new year. What should my goals be. What should I strive to do, be, see, learn? 

This year I decided on nothing. I am just going to let be and live how I want and strive to do things that make me happy in a day. Maybe this is a goal/resolution in itself (ha ha). Or maybe I have learned quite a bit from what you have offered me, 2014! 

I know what it takes to be happy. I know it takes work. I know that just because you can doesn't mean you do. For a large chunk of the 2014 I did something that made me miserable. And letting go of that and realizing that happy things can come my way when I look for them, was not only a great relief but so self gratifying. 

I know that my family both on my side and husbands is there for me. I know I have wonderful friends and coworkers to talk to. I know I have a loving partner to depend on and who (like me) works really hard on our relationship to make it special and unique for both of us. I know when I come home I am coming home to our fur animals that only know how to greet with love, even if they were full of mischief during the day. I know my limitations but I know that I can continue to work on them and make them strengths. 

For what I know, I am grateful. 2014 was kind of an eye opener for me. I learned a lot. Found new happiness, appreciated old happiness. 

2015 you are welcomed with opened arms. I have zero expectations, resolutions or any other goal to make. I will just see what will be brought!

Happy new year!
Love

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger