Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, May 20, 2007

i did it!

so, when i was 21 years old i made a list of things i would like to accomplish before i turned 26. it was a small list, with things that i just wanted to do. one of them was to go skydiving. in 2004, when i was 24 i got the opportunity to go...or so i thought!

so tired from all the backpacking, my travel companions and i decided on a contiki tour of the southern island of new zealand. meals, accomodations, and fun was virtually set up for us with zero planning involved. queensland, a place that three days were spent, was where my skydiving journey was to happen. three days of rain, wind, and (slight) upset cancelled my plane ride before it could even happened.

however i was not a total spoiled brat wallowing in self-pity. i was in a beautiful country, i have never been and i relished in the mountain air, enjoyed the hiking trails, and the people from the tour were excellent.









new zealand was wonderful...and just when i packed up my list as i figured skydiving would happen in canada, my wonderful tourguide, jo, fixed up a trip for me on the day i was to leave for canada, in christchurch (i think it was three hours before take-off!!!).

not only was the skydive a thrill of a lifetime (was i out of my mind jumping out of a excellent plane that could land me safely to the ground???) i couldn't believe how nice everyone was from jo setting it up (she was a doll) to the guys that made the dive a blast and assuring me in some panicky moments!!





0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger